Are you a robot zombie? Does your job-situation match any/all of the following sixteen robot-characteristics outlines by Kathy Sierra?
(modified to make you read it in the first-person mode.)
1. You don’t challenge the status quo.
2. You don’t ask those uncomfortable questions.
3. You are 100% obedient.
4. You don’t need “personal” days…
5. … because you don’t have a personal life.
7. You dress and talk the way they want you to look. The company logo is on EVERY piece of clothing.
8. You have no strongly-held opinions.
9. You have no passion, thus have nothing to fight for.
10. You are always willing to do whatever it takes.
11. You are the ultimate team player, but prefer autonomy.
12. You don’t complain when the boss “micromanage‘s“.
14. You never threaten anyone’s job/position/authority.
15. You have been made a scapegoat more than once – and accepted it without question.
16. You get on well with fellow zombies, even seeking them out.
It’s time for you to jump ship, take that leap, and get the hell out of there.
Unless of course you have tenure, permanency, and only a few more years till retirement.
Then you have to find something, anything that will give you a new lease on life.
For the love of humanity, insanity & better money – GET OUTA THERE MAN! Now!!