There are five steadfast rules in our house, aimed at a specific demographic:
1. No TV during the day. Ever noticed how kids and techophobes will stand transfixed?
Exception: When Octonauts are used for bribery, or Mummy needs some time out.
2. All food to be consumed at the dining table. The last time I vacuumed the lounge room, the vacuum cleaner inhaled more peanuts and sultanas than I believe ever existed!
3. ‘Please’ and ‘Thank You’ increase your chances of getting a bit more food or attention. It will also get you a high five from Daddy!
4. Lie down to have your nappy changed OR loose your valued possessions. Sigh. Jai has forgotten he has some toys. Which means I can regift them to him on the weekends!
5. You can only read one book at a time – so put the last book away before taking another. Taught mostly before bed. Slowly working. Jai’s secret tip here: Ask Daddy to read the same book 4 times in a row! Sneaky yet smart!
There will be more as they grow up, no doubt.