If you ever choose to move house, I highly recommend you do this: Don’t.
If you choose to ignore me, then I recommend you follow these steps THREE months prior to removalists arrival:
1. Empty ENTIRE house into front yard.
2. Emtpy every cupboard, drawer, cabinet, shoe box, and that plastic container shoved down the back of the bed.
3. Only take back inside that which you have used in last 6 months, or has sentimental value. No, REAL sentimental value. No Troll dolls or Tupperware.
4. Have a $1-$5 garage sale for everything in the front yard. GET RID OF IT.
5. Now ask yourself how many people live in the house, and how many of your closest friends are ever invited to your house for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Yep, not enough to warrant having an EIGHT piece set of dishes, cups, bowls, small and big dishes. GET RID OF THE EXCESS.
I wish we’d done this. I fear one of these boxes is filled with stuff going straight to landfill upon opening.