You know how sometimes pictures say more than words? And pictures are worth a thousand words each? Here are seven thousand unspoken words that will make you drool with delight.
Follow the links on each photograph to see them full size upon my Flickr Photo Gallery.
Aha, my lovely wife made this for me on Father’s Day (in Australia, 2nd September). Don’t lick your monitor, you won’t be able to taste it.
This is my favourite home-made smoothie from my wife’s collection of concoctions.
This drink is pure fruit, but as friends have said – yoghurt and cinnamon are optional extras. [NOTE: The wife has since said that a slice of lemon would have given the drink extra punch!]
Juice of 1 Coconut
2 x whole bananas
100grams of frozen blueberry
200grams of frozen raspberry
1 x apple
HOW TO MAKE
1. Open coconut. Pour contents into glass. Pour half into blender.
2. Chop up banana and apple, put into blender.
3. Pour frozen blueberry and raspberry into blender.
4. Blend to taste, slowly. If chunks too big, this may take some time!
5. Pour remainder of coconut in, blend till smooth.
6. Should be enough for 2 large glasses and 3 small plastic containers for freezing for later desserts
7. OPTIONAL: Add alcohol of choice to taste.
Below are photographs from our creation of this delicious delight earlier tonight.
And the final result.
Thankfully the wife understood that her kitchen skills are worth showing to the whole world. You can see more of her skills throughout my Food & Drink set on Flickr.
All images photographed with Canon 50D, Canon EFS 15-85mm IS USM lens and Canon 580exII external flash.
For those that liked this smoothie so much that you made it yourself, please leave a comment below!